AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES OF THE CENTRE FOR IGBO STUDIES
(1) Conversational Igbo Programmes
The Centre for Igbo Studies has mounted an Igbo Programme known as conversational Igbo. The programme is aimed at teaching basic Igbo for day to day communication to adults and young people who want to acquire some competence in spoken Igbo.
(2) Other Services
We engage in the following outdoor services
- Providing services during
- a) Traditional marriage ceremonies
- b) Coronations
- c) Festivals such as Ofala Carnivals
- d) Cultural week (for students)
- e) Award nights, etc.
- Providing various types of entertainment such as
- a) Igbo traditional dances
- b) Igbo traditional dishes during such programmes as inaugural lectures, convocation ceremony, white wedding and birthday parties (where traditional Igbo cuisine is required) etc.
For more information contract the following
- (Mrs.) Gloria Ugbor (phone 08067280506) Centre for Igbo Studies
- Ogechi Dioka (phone 08064876052) Centre for Igbo Studies
Prof. G. I. Nwaozuzu
Director Centre for Igbo Studies